Today's release provides usability improvements across many areas of the Losant platform. This includes a much easier way for you to define custom functions inside workflows, an updated dashboard design, and improvements to your workflow's debug output.
New Function Editor
The function editor within workflows can now be expanded for much easier input. Click the expand button in the bottom-right corner of the editor to use it.
Updated Dashboard Design
The dashboard design has been slightly updated to improve the overall look and feel.
There were no functionality changes between this version and the last. The only thing updated was the visual style.
Enhanced Debug Output
We've added the ability to collapse sections of the JSON output in your workflow's debug panel.
You can also right-click on any entry in the debug panel to copy the payload path to your clipboard. This is useful when you want to use payload variables in other nodes.
This release also includes many other bug fixes and small features.
- Exporting devices now sends you an email with a CSV file attached.
- Added the number of devices, workflows, etc. to the top of their respective lists.
- Updated the device and tags UX to more easily distinguish one from the other.
- The validate payload node now has the ability to put the errors on the payload.
- Can now set the time when reporting state in workflows.
- Payload size limit when reporting state over MQTT or REST now limited to 256KB.
- Fixed an inconsistent comma bug when using the gauge block.
With every new release, we really listen to your feedback. By combining your suggestions with our roadmap, we can continue to make the platform easy for you. Let us know what you think in the Losant Forums.